Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kev's Training session Tues 12th Feb

Kev's Training session Tues 12th Feb 11 years 2 months ago #1

• Kevin Meakin
Tonight's session is down as 'Open' so i plan to organize a relay session, we'll start with a 1.1/2 mile warm up jog, do some 'strides' for a few minutes then team up with a partner to do the relay.

The relay will be for 20 mins which doesn't sound long but by putting the efforts in you should be feeling tired at the end of it.

The session will take place around Carisle Road, Station Road & Greenside

Thanks

Kev
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kev's Training session Tues 12th Feb 11 years 2 months ago #2

• Dave Hobbins
Is this the sub 60min group? I've only been coming Thursdays since I joined, but hope to get there tonight. My best 10k is 59.16 (don't laugh) so should this be the group I am aiming to join?

Kev's Training session Tues 12th Feb 11 years 2 months ago #3

• Kevin Meakin
Hi Dave

The group that i take out is sub 60min 10K so you will be fine in the group, if you do find that it is a bit too easy for you then by all means you can move up into the sub55 mins 10k group ( Trish's group )

There is nothing wrong with your 59mins 10K time that you did recently, i can assure you that nobody at the club would laugh about that time, it was a good time so well done, you should be pleased.

Kev's Training session Tues 12th Feb 11 years 2 months ago #4

• Graham Fisher
Kevin Meakin wrote:
Hi Dave

The group that i take out is sub 60min 10K so you will be fine in the group, if you do find that it is a bit too easy for you then by all means you can move up into the sub55 mins 10k group ( Trish's group )

There is nothing wrong with your 59mins 10K time that you did recently, i can assure you that nobody at the club would laugh about that time, it was a good time so well done, you should be pleased.

I Agree with what Kev says no one at the club would laugh at your time Dave. To be honest I should move up a group but just too scared to do it :)

Kev's Training session Tues 12th Feb 11 years 2 months ago #5

• Kevin Meakin
Go for it Graham, never be scared about changing groups, if you found that it was too hard then drop back down again, nothing wrong with doing that but give it a go first, you never know you might suprise yourself !

Kev's Training session Tues 12th Feb 11 years 2 months ago #6

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Graham, the way you were going for it as you passed me in last week's 31/29 suggests you are OK to move up.

When you move up to another group, the best session I think you can do is the type Kev has planned. Involves a warm-up and localized session with recoveries, so you can't really get left behind (i.e. much of the running should be at a pace you are used to). Yep, have a go as you will love this type of training.
Last Edit: 11 years 2 months ago by John Pop.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Training Kev's Training session Tues 12th Feb