Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 14 mile canal run Sunday 17th February

14 mile canal run Sunday 17th February 11 years 2 months ago #1

• Andrew Byrom
14 mile canal run Sunday 17th February at 09:30 heading into Leeds into canal basis, then across to Leeds Bridge and back. Usual 09:00 - 09:30 pace, so no one will get left behind.

I've sussed out the route through Leeds and out along the canal pass the Royal Armouries so will be upping the miles over the next few weeks leading up to Trimpell in March.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

14 mile canal run Sunday 17th February 11 years 2 months ago #2

• Graham Fisher
Andrew Byrom wrote:
14 mile canal run Sunday 17th February at 09:30 heading into Leeds into canal basis, then across to Leeds Bridge and back. Usual 09:00 - 09:30 pace, so no one will get left behind.

I've sussed out the route through Leeds and out along the canal pass the Royal Armouries so will be upping the miles over the next few weeks leading up to Trimpell in March.

Andy

You may find that part of the canal may be closed

Please look at the link www.waterscape.com/things-to-do/boating/...%28Wharf+Approach%29

Graham

14 mile canal run Sunday 17th February 11 years 2 months ago #3

• Andrew Byrom
Oh FFS it's worse than the bloody roads. I'll find a way round it.

14 mile canal run Sunday 17th February 11 years 2 months ago #4

• Andrew Byrom
So it is shut from the viaduct on Kirkstall Road all the way to the Canal basin. They're not making this easy are they? Does mean when I start cycling to work again in spring it will be decent surface all the way from Kirkstall into Leeds :cheer:

We will have to divert off onto Kirkstall Road and Wellington St instead, failing hat I'll come up with something that works to get the miles in trying to avoid an big hills.

14 mile canal run Sunday 17th February 11 years 2 months ago #5

• Susan Ransome
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
let me know where you are starting from and what time/
still lots of snow and ice on pavements at my side of town

14 mile canal run Sunday 17th February 11 years 2 months ago #6

• Andrew Byrom
0930 Rodley. Due to the tow path closure on way to Leeds will try and work something out going out towards Shipley, though will have to divert on / off at various points. Though I guess will make it more interesting.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Training 14 mile canal run Sunday 17th February