Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Inner-Arch pain doing my head in

Inner-Arch pain doing my head in 11 years 5 months ago #1

• Rich Allen
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi

I've got pain on my inner arch just behind the ball of my foot (ie the part of the arch that leads to my big toe) that has been coming and going for a few weeks now and gradually worsening

It hurts when I run and I can only replicate the pain by pointing my toes down and outwards?

Anyone any ideas what it could be and how to sort it out? I'm going to do the obvious, i.e. not running for a few days to give it a rest and a bit of ibuprofen but beyond that there doesn't seem anything I can do to alleviate it.

I'm going to get to the physio at some point but I've got the Pain Barrier on Saturday and can't get seen before then.

Any thoughts/ideas gratefully received

Cheers

Rich
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Inner-Arch pain doing my head in 11 years 5 months ago #2

• Jennifer Baldwin
It could be Plantar Fasciitis - I had it a couple of years ago - I had pain under my arch going right along to my big toe but hey I am not a physiotherapist/doctor (it could be a number of things).

I suggest you pay a call to a physiotherapist - I go to Kevin Liney he is very good, I think a lot of pacers use him. If you want his number let me know.

Jennifer

Inner-Arch pain doing my head in 11 years 5 months ago #3

• Rich Allen
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Jennifer - The Plantar thingy was my suspicion - I've not banged my foot it so it is probably just overuse

I gave Kevin a call as I've seen him before and thought he was excellent - unfortunately no appointments this week so I will have to take it easy until then :S

Inner-Arch pain doing my head in 11 years 5 months ago #4

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Ask your mum :P

Inner-Arch pain doing my head in 11 years 5 months ago #5

• David Woodhead
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Sounds like what I have - Plantir. Not been able to get rid in about 5 months.
The pains under your foot, especially first thing on a morning, but its more calf muscle related.
Do some heel lifts and lowers on a step and get a bottle of water in the freezer. Ice and pressure under the arch. Toe pointing and rotating good too.
DW
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rich Allen

Inner-Arch pain doing my head in 11 years 5 months ago #6

• Rich Allen
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks David - I hope your gets sorted soon. If I find a 'miracle cure' you will be the first to know

John Pop - My mum only does Washing and Cooking - Her physio work leaves a lot to be desired :silly:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Miscellaneous Inner-Arch pain doing my head in