Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Advance Notice: Fell & Hill Relay Champs 19/10/14

Advance Notice: Fell & Hill Relay Champs 19/10/14 9 years 6 months ago #67

• Antony Mawson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
Darryl Stead wrote:
Thanks Caroline,

I'll be back to normal given a month or two. lucky to get off so lightly, I hit the back of a car at speed after swerving to avoid another car pulling out on me from a side road (the hill out of Horsforth down towards kirkstall). Smashed the back window and bounced back off he metalwork. Shoulder took the impact (collar bone broken and vertibrae in the kneck fractured/chipped) not the head which I am thankful for as could have been a different story all together.

Have a great race at the weekend everyone, disappointed to miss it!

Darryl

Blimey! that sounds quite scary! from a fellow cyclist get well soon mate.

Tony
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Advance Notice: Fell & Hill Relay Champs 19/10/14 9 years 6 months ago #68

• Sharon Hague
Jeeze, just as i was starting to feel a little more confident on my bike! Sounds like you had a very lucky escape Darryl... hope you're not in too much discomfort and on the mend soon. Take Care

Advance Notice: Fell & Hill Relay Champs 19/10/14 9 years 6 months ago #69

• Nigel Armitage
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Bad luck Darryl, although it's criminal really. Get well soon!

Advance Notice: Fell & Hill Relay Champs 19/10/14 9 years 6 months ago #70

• michael dixon
Sam hurrell said at training tonight he would do the relay

Advance Notice: Fell & Hill Relay Champs 19/10/14 9 years 6 months ago #71

• Graeme Tiffany
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Great. Thanks also to Chris Smith for coming forward; this will liberate Michelle from running, as she is not fully fit. Hence, we have:

A: L1 Karen Pickles; L2 Nigel Armitage & Leigh Hinchcliffe; L3 Graeme Tiffany & Mark Nolan; L4 Gary Bailey
B: L1 Sam Hurrell; L2 Luke McQuade & Adam Graves; L3 Michael Dixon & Robert Samuels; L4 Caroline Clarke
C: L1 Chris Smith; L2 Dave Cooper & Steve Boom; L3 Shaun Denham & Steve Pattison; L4 Jenny Cooper

The cut off time for submission of race entries is 2000 tomorrow. I intend to do this a few hours before and will hold out the hope that no tragedy befalls another between now and then.

Advance Notice: Fell & Hill Relay Champs 19/10/14 9 years 6 months ago #72

• Graeme Tiffany
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Great. Thanks also to Chris Smith for coming forward; this will liberate Michelle from running, as she is not fully fit. Hence, we have:

A: L1 Karen Pickles; L2 Nigel Armitage & Leigh Hinchcliffe; L3 Graeme Tiffany & Mark Nolan; L4 Gary Bailey
B: L1 Sam Hurrell; L2 Luke McQuade & Adam Graves; L3 Michael Dixon & Caroline Clarke; L4 Robert Samuels
C: L1 Chris Smith; L2 Dave Cooper & Steve Boom; L3 Shaun Denham & Steve Pattison; L4 Jenny Cooper

The cut off time for submission of race entries is 2000 tomorrow. I intend to do this a few hours before and will hold out the hope that no tragedy befalls another between now and then.
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Fell & Trail Races Advance Notice: Fell & Hill Relay Champs 19/10/14