Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kev's Training Session Tues 19th Feb

Kev's Training Session Tues 19th Feb 11 years 2 months ago #1

• Kevin Meakin
The session for Tuesday is speedwork so i am planning a 'Fartlek' session, for those who aren't quite sure what this means the word 'Fartlek' is a Swedish term for speedplay and all you do have to do is literally play with speed, unlike an interval session where the drills that you do are for a set distance or a set time, Fartlek can be however long or short you want the distance to be, it can be uphill, downhill or flat, off road and on road etc.
We will start with an approx 1.1/2 mile warm up and then over a 3 mile course we will do the Fartlek session, some uphills, some downhills and some flat sections but plenty of recovery time in between so members in the sub 60 min 10k category if you fancy giving it a go come along and join in.

Thanks

Kev
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kev's Training Session Tues 19th Feb 11 years 2 months ago #2

• Graham Fisher
If I am ok after tonights session I will certainly be there :)

Kev's Training Session Tues 19th Feb 11 years 2 months ago #3

• Dave Hobbins
Kevin Meakin wrote:
The session for Tuesday is speedwork so i am planning a 'Fartlek' session, for those who aren't quite sure what this means the word 'Fartlek' is a Swedish term for speedplay and all you do have to do is literally play with speed, unlike an interval session where the drills that you do are for a set distance or a set time, Fartlek can be however long or short you want the distance to be, it can be uphill, downhill or flat, off road and on road etc.
We will start with an approx 1.1/2 mile warm up and then over a 3 mile course we will do the Fartlek session, some uphills, some downhills and some flat sections but plenty of recovery time in between so members in the sub 60 min 10k category if you fancy giving it a go come along and join in.

Thanks

Kev

First time I've ever done anything like that. Really enjoyed it. Thanks Kev.

Kev's Training Session Tues 19th Feb 11 years 2 months ago #4

• Tim Ayres
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
Thanks for that fartlek training last night. Just what I needed to get out of slow mode after the Rombalds Stride Winter Challenge!
TimA

Kev's Training Session Tues 19th Feb 11 years 2 months ago #5

• Kevin Meakin
No probs guys, glad you enjoyed it, a lot of the group worked hard last night, they should be feeling a lit bit tender today ! thanks

Kev
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Training Kev's Training Session Tues 19th Feb