Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cross Flatts parkrun

Cross Flatts parkrun 11 years 2 months ago #7

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Dave, no please no, the Pudsey Park perimeter path is 480 m long and would take over 10 laps to complete 5 km.

I thought Cross Flatts Park was too small.

There are enough Parkruns around. They should be only put on at major parks in a town, as long as they are big enough. To me, Roundhay Park, Temple Newsam and Woodhouse Moor are quite adequate for Leeds, for now, I'm with Andrew.
Last Edit: 11 years 2 months ago by John Pop.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cross Flatts parkrun 11 years 2 months ago #8

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
There's a Crossflatts just outside Bingley - at first I thought that might be where was meant. I wouldn't have thought the park on Dewsbury road was big enough.

Cross Flatts parkrun 11 years 2 months ago #9

• Graham Fisher
I have to slightly disagree wiith some of these comments. I have walked the course on Cross Flatts and its certainly a very good course.

By having one south of the river would benifit people from the South Leeds area and certainly should ease the runners on Woodhouse Moor.

I do feel that four parkruns in Leeds is about right

Cross Flatts parkrun 11 years 2 months ago #10

• Graham Fisher
Andrew Byrom wrote:

I'll keep plodding around Bradford for the foreseeable future, nice friendly bunch and the best Parkrun course I've run at.

Why dont you have a tour around West Yorkshire Andrew you may find that there are more faster courses around than Bradford, Leeds or Roundhay :-)

Cross Flatts parkrun 11 years 2 months ago #11

• Dave Hobbins
John Pop wrote:
Dave, no please no, the Pudsey Park perimeter path is 480 m long and would take over 10 laps to complete 5 km.

I thought Cross Flatts Park was too small.

There are enough Parkruns around. They should be only put on at major parks in a town, as long as they are big enough. To me, Roundhay Park, Temple Newsam and Woodhouse Moor are quite adequate for Leeds, for now, I'm with Andrew.

I'm not saying there should be one, just wondered if it's ever been discussed. I like Bradford too, very friendly and challenging, but that uphill trek from the bottom of the hill by the park gates to the finish has scuppered my personal best plenty of times.

Is Woodhouse Moor, Hyde Park Park run?

Cross Flatts parkrun 11 years 2 months ago #12

• Andrew Byrom
Graham Fisher wrote:
Why dont you have a tour around West Yorkshire Andrew you may find that there are more faster courses around than Bradford, Leeds or Roundhay :-)

I don't get the parkrun tourist thing, if I was away on holiday fine, but getting up early to drive to another Parkrun just doesn't work for me. I really enjoy Bradford, i like the course, atmosphere and seeing the friends I've made there. I'm also coaxing Pam into coming with me, there is NO WAY she'll tolerate getting up even earlier on a Saturday to drive to Harrogate or Dewsbury etc.

I plan to run at Bradford until I get my 100 shirt and also want to crack 22 minutes, and that is some way off at the moment.

Whilst we're on the subject here my view on the other Parkruns I've done;

Leeds - don't like the course, don't like the downhill start or the surface. Too crowded also. Nice people though.

Roundhay - Don't like the course, especially the downhill to the arena and the loop round to the car parlk. Also one of the organizers wound me up by being a total knob when i was there, so wouldn't visit again.

Bradband - Low key, good fun, nice course, didn't understand a word they said. :oops:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Other Races Cross Flatts parkrun