Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kirkstall Abbey Trail Running Festival

Kirkstall Abbey Trail Running Festival 8 years 5 months ago #19

• Neil Wallace
Three day challenge you say? Well done lads - and great effort if you get through unscathed.

I might be tempted by the HvC as never raced it before... wonder if 'Tonymator Mawson' will be pedaling? Mind, there's also a fell race that could be calling. Will gauge the legs post Pendle.

Then PECO XC on Sunday for me too.

NtS
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kirkstall Abbey Trail Running Festival 8 years 5 months ago #20

• Andrew Byrom
Tony confirmed last night that he is cycling the race and then proceeded to tell me how biased it is towards the runners. I pointed out I will have run a half marathon the day before, which surely evened the score. Seems like cyclists and runners have their excuses ready. :P

Kirkstall Abbey Trail Running Festival 8 years 5 months ago #21

• Andrew Byrom
Darryl Stead wrote:
Hi Andrew,

I intend on running it, I've only ever ran it. Will get round to riding it one year. There's a cyclocross race in Ilkley this Sunday with a specific novice race for people who haven't given it a go before if you wanted to get your bike dirty.

Darryl.

Thanks for the info, but doing the YVAA race.

Kirkstall Abbey Trail Running Festival 8 years 5 months ago #22

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
I think historically cyclists tend to win which suggests a course favoring cyclists that or a reflection of the calibre of competitors in each discipline.

In a dry year, the bikes definitely have an advantage. If it is muddy then it is more even.

Fun race whatever and free food in the pub afterwards this year.

(Costs more to enter as a cyclist due to British Cycling levy - always a factor in deciding foot or wheel)

Kirkstall Abbey Trail Running Festival 8 years 5 months ago #23

• Andrew Byrom
The route is being changed due to the tow path being closed between Appleby Bridge and Calverly. I am assuming we'll run down to Kirkstall on the tow path and double back to Newlay.

Kirkstall Abbey Trail Running Festival 8 years 5 months ago #24

I'm doing the Ultra....
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Other Races Kirkstall Abbey Trail Running Festival