Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FRA relays 2015

FRA relays 2015 8 years 7 months ago #31

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
Very disappointing. Getting rid of mixed teams was a harsh enough step then to get a womens team together and not get an entry seems almost a targeted effort to exclude people. As a members of the FRA why can't we participate in our annual Relay event?

Best Available Runners and Best Competition. If this is what the sport is all about then I don't qualify to take part either. I would suggest we withdraw the Mens entry to show some solidarity.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FRA relays 2015 8 years 7 months ago #32

• Graeme Tiffany
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
I have until midnight on Tuesday the 15th of September to accept/reject the invitation to the mens' team.

btw the FRA forum offers evidence of a far from happy fell running community.

FRA relays 2015 8 years 7 months ago #33

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
Just read the FRA thread, credit to the guys at CVR for persisting with all the pressures. Some sympathy for the restrictions the venue imposes. Seems like non fell running bodies influencing decision on team types allowed.

Anyhow, another suggestion: we cede the men's team entry to put our ladies in. They did get their team sorted first. Will be interesting to see if they get turned down again. No mixed team, no ladies team, will they say no you can't transfer the men's entry slot to allow the ladies team to run?surely not?

FRA relays 2015 8 years 7 months ago #34

• Neil Wallace
So much for the egalitarian qualities that fellrunning purports to hold. Seems that an unsuitable venue has been selected, despite the willingness to take on the organisational responsibility by the host club, whom I understand is pressurised to limit numbers.

I agree with Darryl - musketeer approach. Boycott.

NtS

FRA relays 2015 8 years 7 months ago #35

• Jenny Cooper
cheers for trying Tiff and thanks guys for your solidarity.

I am obviously disappointed and very sad that outside influences have been at play. I think what's done us is the lack of a Mixed Team option - still not sure why British Athletics have done this or why they've even got a say in what FRA do!!

Anyway, if the men's team does decide to go ahead I'll be up there supporting so can take care of things on the day if required. On that note Dave has said "one out, all out" !

FRA relays 2015 8 years 7 months ago #36

• michael dixon
Hi, I agree with the one out all out sentiment

Cheers

Michael
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds