Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: WYWL X-Country Relay Race 23rd March

WYWL X-Country Relay Race 23rd March 10 years 1 month ago #7

Hi Dave's yes love to run in this event again Cheers Steve P
The administrator has disabled public write access.

WYWL X-Country Relay Race 23rd March 10 years 1 month ago #8

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
Thanks Steve - At the moment I have 5 men and 5 ladies, any more for any more? I intend to enter the teams no later than at the start of next week.

WYWL X-Country Relay Race 23rd March 10 years 1 month ago #9

I would like to take part if possible!
Lets Run!

WYWL X-Country Relay Race 23rd March 10 years 1 month ago #10

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
Following on from those who have registered willingness/interest. I propose the following teams: : -

Men's team 1: - Vince Bussingham, William Overton, and Dave Butler.
Mens team 2: - Steve Pattison, Dave Burdon, Jim Wheldon.

Ladies team 1: - Michelle Tenwick, Lisa Jamieson, Nicki Annes.
Ladies team 2: - Sarah Booth, Caroline Clarke, Lyn McCormack Arthur.

Dave, who do I put the forms in to and do they need to be input before the day?

WYWL X-Country Relay Race 23rd March 10 years 1 month ago #11

• Lynn Arthurs
Hi all/ladies team 2. Would it be possible for me to take the first leg please? I have managed to double book myself. Thanks. Lynn

WYWL X-Country Relay Race 23rd March 10 years 4 weeks ago #12

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
Hi Lyn lets sort the teams out on the day, I think there are 1 or 2 more likely to turn up now, I know Sarah was keen for leg 1 as she has something on later in the day as well.

Details regarding venue and time are as follows: -

PECO Cross Country League (2013-14): Relays (Pendas Fields / Barnbow Wood)

Race Date: Sunday 23rd March 2014

Race Times & Distances:
Junior XC Relay (School Year 4 - 12): 10.00am, 1.5 mile approx. per leg
Senior XC Relay (men & women 16 and over*): 11.00am, 3.5 miles approx. per leg

* Age groups for all races in the season are based on age on 24/11/13

Race Location: The race will take place in Pendas Fields & Barnbow Wood (located near Barnbow Social Club, Old Manston Lane, Leeds, LS15 8AD).

Registration: The race HQ will located in the function room at Barnbow Social Club. Registration will be from 9.00am – 9.45am for juniors, 10.00 – 10.45am for seniors.

Car Parking: Car parking is available at the test track, alongside Barnbow Social Club. Please don’t use the Social Club car park unless directed by a marshal: we need to ensure that sufficient parking is kept available for other patrons of the Social Club. With the numbers attending our races now, car parking is becoming a major issue: please ‘car share’ if possible!

The Course: See course maps on Abbey website.
The course is suitable for spikes* (unless it is frozen), studs or trail shoes (unless it is very muddy). It is undulating, with several short ascents and descents. There are some tight turns, some narrow sections and the main hazard underfoot is tree roots.

The Senior course will consist of 1 lap of the route shown in red on the map.
The Junior 1 Mile course will consist of 1 lap of the route shown in blue on the map.

* There are a few short ‘rocky’ sections on the course: please be aware if this if you are considering wearing spikes!

After The Race: Changing facilities, results and food will be available at Barnbow Social Club. The PECO XC League Presentations will follow the Relay Presentations. These will start with the Junior Presentations at 1.30pm, and conclude with the Senior Presentations from 2.00pm onwards.

Any Questions: If you need any further information, e-mail Mark Hetherington at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

More information including map of course can be seen on Abbey Runners website.
Suggest people aim to arrive no late than 10 then we can sort and register teams etc.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing WYWL - West Yorks Winter League WYWL X-Country Relay Race 23rd March