Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov

Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #19

• Sharon Hague
Very sorry to inform all, but the coach for Spen has been cancelled due to low numbers of people. Tony, Tim and Caroline, i have your money and will return it to you either at Spen on Sunday (if you make your own way there) or on Tuesday at Club.

We will still be meeting up for a few drinks afterwards, but in Pudsey Wetherspoons at 2:30pm for all those interested.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #20

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
That's a shame - shame the event is not on the BBC - hope the turnout is enough to keep the men on top in all categories.

Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #21

• Joy Good
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 68
Well done to all who took part today, a good turn out and a few prizes won by Pudsey Pacers. Great support too, thanks all x

Joy

Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #22

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
www.yvaa.org now has final tables (subject to yesterday's results being finalized.)

Apologies for the worst set of results I have produced for a vets' race... ...would surely be forthcoming from the finish line recorders, if only they knew the problems they caused. Because Spenborough AC have always previously provided an excellent competent service, I didn't have the heart to tell them of the duplicate numbers they'd written down, and numbers the wrong way round(!), which resulted in runners being in the results who weren't even at the venue, and worst of all, the omission of runners, 4 of which were from my own club!

One thing to learn for our own events - 3 recorders are needed at the finish line, one for times and 2 for numbers, as a cross-check.
Last Edit: 10 years 5 months ago by John Pop. Reason: missed a g off

Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #23

• Neil Wallace
I'd just like to echo what Tim Cock announced yesterday... thanks to the Pops for a top service throughout the season - always calm and friendly under pressure.

For the record, when I finished yesterday neither official looked up or seemed to acknowledge my finishing place/ time? I know that this was not an isolated incident eeek!

NtS

Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #24

• Susan Ransome
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
i'd like to add my thanks too for all the work Jon and Trish do re results and to Tina & co who were helping to sort out - who do these mysterious names belong to??
Well done
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Pop
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Vets' Races Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov