Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov

Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #1

• Jenny Cooper
HI all

The vets season is coming to an end with the last race being at Spenborough on Sunday 10th Nov. As is tradition there will be a 2 mins silence before the race (rememberence day), team photo in the grand-stand and end of seasons refreshments round Cleakheaton after the race. Sharon has booked the bus again so if you fancy giving the vets races a try and get warmed up for the XC season or just fancy a good day out with fellow pacers please let Sharon have your name and money ASAP.

If you haven't done a vets race before you can entry on line via the YVAA website or on the day via the registration desk. cost of race is £4 per person, pacers vets and age category must be warn (Over 35's only), cost of bus is to follow - or see Social page.

Any questions or queries let me know on here or via FB - thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #2

• Elizabeth Guest
How far is the race? The YVAA site leaves me none the wiser.

Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #3

• Neil Wallace
All Vets races are generally 4ish-5ish miles over mixed terrain and gradient. Dependent on weather routes sometimes get bit muddy. Keep checking the WYWL website as details of the Spen fixture will likely be posted soon.

NtS

Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #4

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Elizabeth Guest wrote:
How far is the race? The YVAA site leaves me none the wiser.

The race is not for 4 weeks yet and host clubs vary in how long it takes them to supply details of their races. I just got back from holiday today and I have received details from Spenborough AC about the final GP race. So the YVAA website is now updated with the details, sorry for the delay Elizabeth.

I see you haven't registered yet so please do so before the race to save us time on the day.

Neil - Thank you for keeping folk informed in my absence, I'll forgive you your spelling and your renaming of the YVAA to WYWL :lol: No harm done.

John Pop,
YVAA Website Editor and Grand Prix Results and Entries Co-ordinator, and a Pudsey Pacer to boot ;)
Last Edit: 10 years 5 months ago by John Pop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neil Wallace

Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #5

• Elizabeth Guest
I have registered, but there is still no indication as to how far the race is. Just the start location and time. So I am hoping it will be no more than 6 miles.

There does seem to much interest so far. Will we be going?

This is probably not the best place to ask, but does anyone know how I can find out my time for the 5K time trial at the end of September? As I managed to keep up with the 8.5 min group on Thursday, it may already be out of date, but I would still like to know.

Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #6

• Mark Smith
Hi

If they use the same course as last year it will be about 5 miles, it won't be more than 6.

I would have thought there will be 30/40 pacers running, we always get a good turnout at these races.

Can't help you with the time trial..sorry

Cheers

Mark
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Vets' Races Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov