Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov

Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov 10 years 4 months ago #25

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Susan Ransome wrote:
- who do these mysterious names belong to??

Ha ha, I assume you mean the rogue names in the results of people who are not there.

To explain, you keep your number as you know for each race in the series... then what sometimes happens is they put a number down on the recording sheet wrongly, e.g. yesterday they wrote 269, which is Sue Morley, on the sheet but they should've put 629 which was an on-the-day entrant. So Sue Morley turned up in the results, when in fact she was probably shopping in Asda! And poor Janet Carter from Stainland entered on the day, and found herself missing from the results!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov 10 years 4 months ago #26

• Antony Mawson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
Neil Wallace wrote:
I'd just like to echo what Tim Cock announced yesterday... thanks to the Pops for a top service throughout the season - always calm and friendly under pressure.

For the record, when I finished yesterday neither official looked up or seemed to acknowledge my finishing place/ time? I know that this was not an isolated incident eeek!

NtS

I was also a little concerned as I crossed the line as they seemed to be looking at the floor! I purposely turned around as I crossed the line so they could see my number, as I was convinced they had missed me, but to be fair my GPS matched my race time exactly.

Also may I pass on my thanks to Jon & Trish, a fine effort to have results available so quickly on the day on also uploaded to the website.

Looks like I just missed out on a top 10 placing :( by that part timer Darren Burnley (only joking Darren ;) ) 779 points from 4 races is pretty impressive stuff, plus it all counts in the team awards :cheer: .

Tony
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Vets' Races Spen Vets Race -last one of the season 10th Nov