Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: YVAA Race 2 @ Honley, Apr 28

YVAA Race 2 @ Honley, Apr 28 10 years 11 months ago #1

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Good ploy by Young Arthur last night, announcing that the race is at 10:30, it actually starts at 11:00, but it won't harm getting there early :cheer:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YVAA Race 2 @ Honley, Apr 28 10 years 11 months ago #2

• Neil Berry
Glad you said that Jon, thought I got confused about the start time when Arthur said that last night...

I'm hoping to do the race on Sunday (registered on line and everything...), so thought this might be a good place to put "Stupid Questions from Pudsey Pacer Noobs" for us newbies to put to the guys that have done the race before (and therefore understand the joke about it being a nice flat race...)

1 - I've done all the looking on line about the race, and they seem to sit on the fence a bit about whether trail or road shoes are best for it, what do those who've done it before think is best? I'm assuming from the comments last night that it's a bit on the hilly side?
2 - As said above, I've registered online (nice easy system) but I assume it's well marked as to where to go to pick up your number on the day? Or is it best to find someone to ask? What sort of time do you need to be there to pick the numbers up?
3 - The info online also talks about places to park or not park, where is the best place to aim for from peoples experience (to stop getting stuck in a traffic jam at the end)?
4 - Finally, is there going to be a designated place to meet up with all the Pacers? This could be especially useful for those like me who are thinking on coming on their own? I assume those who have done it before will naturally end up somewhere they always do, but for those without the prior knowledge, we may just end up wandering around aimlessly looking for PP tops...

That's all I can think of at the minute, I'm prepared for ridicule ;) .

Cheers

N

YVAA Race 2 @ Honley, Apr 28 10 years 11 months ago #3

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
You daft ridiculous newbie noob, don't you know anything? :P

Trail shoes would be best, there is a bit of everything in the course including fell-type hills, and road. You need grip. The first hill greets you as you leave the two lap starting field, but don't dread it, there are easy bits, and lovely views if you have time to look.

You will walk into the venue and see me and Trish and you will get your number for the front of your vest and category number for your back, so bring 6 pins and your club vest.

Arrive at no later than 10:30 please.

Wing it on parking.

All Pacers will be knocking about before and after and you will find most after the race near the food table.

That's all I think, and you are very welcome, we were all in your position once. Enjoy your race.
Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by John Pop.

YVAA Race 2 @ Honley, Apr 28 10 years 11 months ago #4

• Neil Berry
Thanks Jon you old timer :P

YVAA Race 2 @ Honley, Apr 28 10 years 11 months ago #5

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
Special one time offer.

Quite a few of you Pacers have entered online, and unless you ran the first race at Horsforth have not yet been allocated a number. If you intend to run at Honley on Sunday and are coming to the run at Calverley tonight, and you would like me to bring your number, please let me know on here.

You'll still have to pay like, on Sunday, but at least it saves a bit of time on the day.

Also, for those who don't know the system, you keep your number for the whole series of 2013 Grand Prix races, so those who did run race 1, don't forget to bring your number.
Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by John Pop.

YVAA Race 2 @ Honley, Apr 28 10 years 11 months ago #6

• Jim Wheldon
John, I'll be at Calverley tonight, and if I survive, will be at Honley on Sunday. Didn't do Horsforth Vets.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Vets' Races YVAA Race 2 @ Honley, Apr 28