Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: YVAA Kirkstall

YVAA Kirkstall 8 years 10 months ago #19

• Neil Wallace
After appearance by STACs youth division last night, rumour circulating that under 30s no longer eligible to enter as guests, err sorry, I mean non-scorers - any news John Pop?

NtS
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YVAA Kirkstall 8 years 10 months ago #20

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Darryl - your last comment is so true, yet vet grans and grannies don't enter the school sports day.

Anna - I see you never brought me nor Trish any cakes through to the back room while we were "slaving over a hot laptop". Hope you enjoyed them. [Teenager my Arshavin.]

Neil - I wouldn't know as I'm not on the YVAA committee. I only dread (slightly) the evening summer races, because I know people and I know runners, and it means a lot of work, hence my wish that non-scorers would pre-enter. 60 !!!! people (including 6 Pacers) entered on the night in 50 minutes. A hectic way to spend one's wedding anniversary.

Though it is common for people to spend hours using social media, it seems so difficult for some to actually fill in an online registration. Just an observation, not complaining, I thrive on the pressure.
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by John Pop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neil Wallace, Darryl Stead, Dave Burdon , William Overton

YVAA Kirkstall 8 years 10 months ago #21

• Neil Wallace
Ooo, you really know how to show a lady a good time on her wedding anniversary! Disappointing that so many chose to not accept the instruction and enter in advance.

Thanks again for your efforts - and super, super quick results.

NtS

YVAA Kirkstall 8 years 10 months ago #22

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
I offered Trish Kenya, Kefalonia or Kraków but she wanted to go to Kirkstall :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neil Wallace

YVAA Kirkstall 8 years 10 months ago #23

• Andrew Byrom
Enjoyed it last night, racing Digger Byrom was ace, strange tactics though flying past huffing and puffing a mile from the end though :cheer:

It made for an interesting dash to the finish and pushed me to pip ERRs Mick Hogan who passed me 200m from the end of Ilkley Trail race on Bank Hol.

Roll on the next one, won't be Whitby though, I'm in Goole.

YVAA Kirkstall 8 years 10 months ago #24

• James Clark
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
John, Trish - the last two races I entered had to be delayed for 'extremely high entries on the day' - no such requirement from you guys. Super impressed by the speedy results too.

Well done and many thanks for your efforts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Pop, Neil Wallace, Dave Burdon
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Vets' Races YVAA Kirkstall