Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2015 YVAA Grand Prix Registration

2015 YVAA Grand Prix Registration 9 years 3 months ago #1

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
There's no panic yet, the first GP is 10½ weeks away, but I know how some of you like to plan well ahead.

The Grand Prix Registration is now open via ...

johnpop.me.uk/tinc?key=UIwJQb0J&formname=GP_Entry

For those who are not familiar with the Vets Grand Prix Series, it's a series of up to 10 races for runners over the age of 35. Points are awarded and age category prizes are given at each race, and individual and team prizes at the end of the year. All is revealed at www.yvaa.org

If you are intending to do Race 1 at Honley on March 29th, just fill in your details, or e-mail me or see me at the club, and your registration for all this year's races will be complete.

Numbers will be issued when you come to run your first race of the series.

(Number 7 is safe, Merv ;) )

Please note: The club rep for this series is Neil "Braveshorts" Wallace. This series is independent of the WYWL XC series for which see other threads.
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by John Pop.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy Good, Tim Ayres, Garry Leedham

2015 YVAA Grand Prix Registration 9 years 2 months ago #2

• Neil Wallace
So, who's registered...and preparing for hilly Honley? Which fixture looks best? I always like Crossgates, for some reason.

www.yvaa.org/

NtS

2015 YVAA Grand Prix Registration 9 years 1 month ago #3

Yes I have registered and Honley awaits! Don't know how many are aware but there is also the Leeds Race Series if interested!
Lets Run!
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by William Overton. Reason: correction

2015 YVAA Grand Prix Registration 9 years 4 weeks ago #4

• Neil Wallace
Yorkshire Veterans' Athletics Association
- 2015 Grand Prix Series... or simply, 'the Vets'.

Thanks to those who've already registered online - St.Theresa's and Horsforth still have more names than we do.

Online registration takes 2mins - you then collect your race number at the first fixture you attend. Where possible, please, PLEASE sign up in advance - and give this series a go!

The first fixture is Honley (near Holmfirth) on Sun 29th March followed by Kirkstall on Tues May 26th - I'd hope many will try the Kirkstall fixture as an alternative to training.

For online registration & list of all fixtures/ race see details: www.yvaa.org/

* Those who've already registered (or plan to do so), then I'd encourage YOU to try to get one more on the list: maybe a new or existing member in your ability training group or someone you think will enjoy the series. Get talking about the Vets...

For more information including a member's experience - see Jan 2015 Newsletter: www.pudseypacers.com/news

Let's ALL rally as a club. We should aim to get out a range of age categories, abilities and both genders; let's make sure the yellow of Pudsey is more dominant than other colours!

Any questions post here or see me on a club night: Good running, peeps.

Neil - Vets Coordinator

2015 YVAA Grand Prix Registration 9 years 4 weeks ago #5

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Thanks Neil for trying to encourage people to run in Vets' Grand Prix. I hope more Vets turn out than in the recent West Yorkshire Winter League.

I can point out that runners don't HAVE to register before the first race if they have NO intention of running the first race.

Also, as the races are CLOSED races, runners from clubs outside Yorkshire cannot run; however runners from unaffiliated clubs within Yorkshire can run but as non-scorers, fee £10.

The non-scorers fee of £10 also applies to non-Vets from affiliated clubs, like ours, which I think is one reason for a club to not use a one-off Vets race as their club run.

2015 YVAA Grand Prix Registration 9 years 4 weeks ago #6

• Neil Wallace
Most grateful for the update JP. To clarify: if an under 35 Pacer runs 1no. fixture then it will cost £10? :blink: Blimey... thought it was a fiver?

NtS
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Vets' Races 2015 YVAA Grand Prix Registration