Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sub 55 min 10k, training group.

Sub 55 min 10k, training group. 7 years 6 months ago #1

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
Tuesday's training for the 55 minute group is a 10k tempo run.

We will be using a route often used by myself and Andy Hardaker in the past so it may be familiar and ideally I am also looking for the assistance of 1 quicker runner who is familiar with the route (see below). The purpose of this will be for that person to run at the front (NOT TO SET THE PACE but to assist any runners at the front who may be unfamiliar with the route) I will be running the route as the sweep runner.

For those not familiar with tempo running these are runs to help you improve your running economy and your running form. They are sometimes described as 'threshold' or 'hard but controlled' runs, and they will help you prepare for races of 10K to the marathon. To ensure you're doing tempo workouts at the right pace, use one of these methods to gauge your intensity.
Heart Rate: 85 to 90 percent of your maximum heart rate.
Perceived Exertion: An 8 on a 1-to-10 scale (a comfortable effort would be a 5; racing would be close to a 10).
Talk Test: A question like "Pace okay?" should be possible, but conversation shouldn't be.
Ideally this group of runners should be aiming to run at somewhere close to 9 minute mile pace.

This is the route: (Don't worry I will cover all this off again tomorrow).
Leisure Centre - Robin La - Valley Rd - Kent Rd - Lowtown - Swinnow Rd - Swinnow La - Stanningley Rd - Stanningley Bottom - Richardshaw La - Cemetery Rd (4 mile cut off available here IF NEEDED) - Owlcotes Rd - Waterloo Rd - Uppermoor - Chapeltown - Church La - Leisure Centre.

Equipment IMPORTANT - PLEASE ENSURE HIGH VIS IS WORN, Also if you are able to wear a watch to time your run then this will prove useful for analysis against previous or future efforts on this measured run.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Bullock
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Training Sub 55 min 10k, training group.