Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: August Club Run and social

August Club Run and social 10 years 7 months ago #1

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
The August club run will take place at OTLEY CHEVIN: Thursday 29th August - Please meet at the 2nd car park located on the right hand side when travelling towards Otley on East Chevin Road.

We will be meeting at 6:45pm with a view to starting our runs no later than 7PM.

Directions to the meeting location - when travelling from Leeds or Pudsey, take A65 to Rawdon Cross Roads and turn right on Harrogate Rd at the traffic lights as if travelling to the Airport. Continue past the Airport and roundabout on Harrogate Rd then turn left at East Chevin Rd at the traffic lights. there are 2 car parks on the right as you descend the hill. Either one is suitable to park but meet at the 2nd one about 100 yards lower.

I have planned 3 runs which are designed for ALL abilities. This is off road and it is the Chevin so there are hills but this is also a social event and therefore we are intending that there is something for all. The views are also magnificent so if the weather is good maybe some of our budding photographers may wish to take photos. Probably best not to run carrying a tripod though :ohmy: .

The runs:
Run 1 (Easiest) I have asked Tina to lead on this run. It is 4 miles long and should be achievable within the hour. This run will aim to be at around 10 to 11 minute miling. 99% of this run is traffic free and is mostly well marked trail paths. A couple of climbs but nothing that you cannot do, If you can't run them then walk them it wont be a problem.

Run 2 (Intermediate) I have asked Andy Hardaker to lead on this run. It is approx 5.5 miles but does contain 2 or 3 sturdy climbs. I would expect this run to be 8.5 to 9 minute miling. Again 99% traffic free and mostly well marked trail paths.

Run 3 (for those who want a bit more of a challenge) I will lead on this but am still finalising details. Probably going to be 6 to 6.5 miles with maybe a bit more climbing involved. Speed will be very much dependent on how fast I can run so don't be expecting sub 7 or 7.5 minute miling. For those who want to run on a bit faster there will be sections where you can stretch out and we can regroup.

After the run I propose we visit the Fox and Hounds in Bramhope for drinks which is a short drive away and we can give directions for this on the night.

Really hope that people can make this, the Chevin is a great training ground and if we continue getting some of this lovely weather it will hopefully make for a scenic evening of running. B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Dixson

August Club Run and social 10 years 7 months ago #2

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
I have now planned the 3rd group run which I shall lead. This one is 6 miles and has some nice climbing involved. For those who want a little bit extra of a challenge this is the one for you. :woohoo:

August Club Run and social 10 years 7 months ago #3

• Luke McQuade
Hi Dave, this sounds excellent.

Edit: It's this car park isn't it?
maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=E+Chevin+Rd..._w&t=h&mra=prev&z=17
Last Edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Luke McQuade.

August Club Run and social 10 years 7 months ago #4

• Andrew Hardaker
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 72
I have a couple of places in the car if anyone needs a lift to the Chevin on Thursday. I will be leaving Bramley around 6.10pm
Just let me know

Andy

August Club Run and social 10 years 7 months ago #5

• caroline clarke
Hi Andy

If you have no takers then a lift would be great. Where shall I meet you?

Caroline

August Club Run and social 10 years 7 months ago #6

• Andrew Hardaker
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 72
No problems Caroline, I live near the Barley Mow in Bramley.
Let me know where is easiest for you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Social Events August Club Run and social