Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Strawberry Stumble Thursday 27th June

Strawberry Stumble Thursday 27th June 10 years 9 months ago #1

• Sarah Turner
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 55
Meet from 6.45pm at the Bankhouse, Bankhouse Lane, Pudsey LS28 8EB - Choice of 3 routes catering for all abilities, the Fartown Express(on road approx 1.3 miles - suitable for beginners), the Foxtrot (50% on road and 50% off road 1.7 miles) and the Keeper Lane Crawl (all off road approx 1.8 miles). Home made maps of the route appear on the social page under the section headed "Our Club"..

Pick any 2 or 3 laps (mix and match - you decide). No watches - you will be asked at the outset to estimate your time for whichever combination you choose to run. Closest member to their estimated time wins a prize! Enjoy a pimms on your way round after lap one and a pimms at the finish (don't forget to factor that into your time). It would help organisation on the night if you notify us in advance of your choice of routes and estimated times here (but don't worry if not).

Prize for the best summerthemed headwear!

Chip butties (£1) and social, including raffle, afterward in the Bankhouse. The weather is looking warm and dry so what better than an evening run in and around the valley finished off in the beer garden with views!

Speak to John M or myself for further information.
Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by John Marshall.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy Good

Strawberry Stumble Thursday 27th June 10 years 9 months ago #2

• Lynn Arthurs
So sorry I couldn't make this. But I was delighted that one of the routes went past our house near the Fox and Grapes so that I could at least enjoy the lovely summer hats on show! I hope everyone has a good evening. I'm not sure who it was but my prize went to the hat with the grass/straw stuck to it!

Lynn

Strawberry Stumble Thursday 27th June 10 years 9 months ago #3

• Sarah Turner
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 55
Lynn - am glad you enjoyed the spectacle that was the strawberry stumble and you will be pleased to know that the man in the hat with the grass/straw and actually a cuddly fox attached to the hat on the "foxtrot" run won first prize - David E along with Hilary T who won the first prize for best female hat. Shame you couldn't make it for the pimms, scones and strawberries but there is always santa's sherry stumble at Christmas! :)
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Social Events Strawberry Stumble Thursday 27th June