Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Beers in York, 23rd March

Beers in York, 23rd March 11 years 1 month ago #1

For those who don't 'facebook', Shaun Denham posted the following on the Pacers' page back at the beginning of the month...
Folks....
Last year we had a great day out on a trip to York visiting a few pubs...for those that can remember. Just ask Roy about Brokeback Mountain!!

Anyway we are planning another on the 23rd March.....initial arrangements are to meet in Wetherspoons in Leeds Station at 11:30am ish and catch a train over to York.

Please indicate on here if you would like to come so I can hopefully negotiate some free food from a pub or two!!!

ALL abilities welcome.

I'm sure all in the small recce party back in December 2011 can heartily recommend it, but bear in mind there's no running involved!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Beers in York, 23rd March 11 years 3 weeks ago #2

• Jenny Cooper
Not checked with Shaun yet but if we all meet as planned and if trains are disrupted I suggest we hit the real ale pubs of Leeds as an alternative rather than all sitting at home wondering what could have been.

Cracking day out last time with several side splitting moments, oh and a pickled egg !!!

See you there folks. 11.30 spoons at Leeds Train Station.

Beers in York, 23rd March 11 years 3 weeks ago #3

• Jenny Cooper
Snow Update.

We are meeting in Pudsey Wetherspoons at 11.30 with a view to reviewing our plans over a beer. Spread the word. Snow ball fight later in the park B)

Open invite to all pacers so come along if you fancy a snow day in the pub.

Beers in York, 23rd March 11 years 3 weeks ago #4

Great Snow Day - yes it really did go on all day and night!
No incidents with pickled eggs this year, but there was talk of Tripods and Peg Legs !! Hoo yah!
Last Edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Leigh A Gill.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Social Events Beers in York, 23rd March