Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Monthly Club Run - Thursday 25th June

Monthly Club Run - Thursday 25th June 8 years 9 months ago #1

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
Hi all - Next Thursday is last Thursday in the month (25th) and therefore the club run and social. I shall be organizing an away run for that evening and this will be at Otley Chevin. There will be 3 routes on offer of varying length and difficulty led by myself, Andrew Hardaker, and Tina Dickinson. There will be a route suitable for everyone and anyone thinking of trying out the Danefield the following week will get a good insight into what's involved. We usually visit the Fox and Hounds at Bramhope afterwards but I understand The Royalty (on the Chevin itself has reopened so I will be checking that out as an alternative. All welcome please meet at the Danefield car park 6:45 with a view to a 7pm start. Keep watching forum/facebook for further information.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy Good

Monthly Club Run - Thursday 25th June 8 years 9 months ago #2

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
This Thursday is the Monthly Club Run which will be an away run at Otley Chevin. There will be 3 runs of varying distance and difficulty but there will be something suitable for all abilities. Route 1 will be led by Tina Dickinson and is about 4.5 miles, this will be at a gentle pace with regular regrouping. Route 2 will be led by Andrew Hardaker and is about 5.5 miles, this will be a bit quicker and with a bit more climbing but again plenty of regrouping. I will lead Route 3 which is just over 6 miles and has a couple of may I say "nice" climbs . :evil: This will probably appeal to the quicker runners and strong climbers so there will again be regrouping (which will probably be me telling people how far to run in front before coming back to collect me). Running in Otley Chevin is all off road but please don't be put off by this as it is absolutely stunning, The routes we have chosen are virtually all good running tracks. Lets hope for good weather. As a reward for our run the plan was to check out the recently reopened Royalty for a couple of well earned beers. (Probably arrive in there at around 8:30ish if you just fancied a drink) For those of us who will run please meet at Danefield Car Park on East Chevin Rd. 6:45pm for a 7pm start. Directions from Pudsey - Take Ring Rd all the way to Horsforth Roundabout A65 - Turn left on A65 and follow to lights at Rawdon Crossroads - Turn right at lights and head towards Airport - Pass Airport on right and follow Harrogate Rd to traffic lights turn left down East Chevin Rd. There are 2 car parks on your right as you start to descend towards Otley (either are fine) we meet in the 2nd one. If these are full there is the Quarry Car Park on your left 200 or so yards further down the hill. Look forward to seeing some of you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sally Corbin-Smith, Paul Dewhirst, Ben Mason

Monthly Club Run - Thursday 25th June 8 years 9 months ago #3

• Paul Dewhirst
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Superb run, thanks for organising. Made a nice change. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Burdon

Monthly Club Run - Thursday 25th June 8 years 9 months ago #4

Thanks to dave and his team for a brilliant run last night followed by couple of cold ones in the Royalty

:) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Burdon

Monthly Club Run - Thursday 25th June 8 years 9 months ago #5

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
Cheers John and Paul, glad you enjoyed. It really is a beautiful place to run. An excellent training ground for off road running all year round. Probably be arranging some longer runs up there on Sunday's later in the year for anyone interested. I have a few routes and for those not familiar with the Rombalds Stride we can try The Great Dib next time. That's the off road alternative of Johnny Lane.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Dewhirst

Monthly Club Run - Thursday 25th June 8 years 8 months ago #6

Thanks for the away run at the Chevin brilliant evening great to train in different surroundings. Also putting it together so soon after your involvement with our 10k
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Social Events Monthly Club Run - Thursday 25th June