Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bradford Millenium Way

Bradford Millenium Way 9 years 9 months ago #67

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
:sick:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but just received an e mail from Saltaire and it seemed they made a cock up when calculating the results therefore my joy at us winning the vets trophy has proved rather shortlived. Good job I hadn't handed anything out, well, apart to Vincent Bussingham that is. So there we have it Disappointment snatched from the claws of Jubilation. Oh deep joy, just going to have to hand them all back I am afraid and try again next year. Still a good effort from everybody though.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bradford Millenium Way 9 years 9 months ago #68

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
I feel better, it completes the world cup experience in an odd sort of way. Normally England get through to the knock outs you build your hopes up, get carried away in a wash of Euphoria thinking they can make the final and win it only to be bought down to earth on a penalty shoot out.

England were so bad this year it never really built to that and that whole rise and fall experience has been missed. Not now though this has filled that gap nicely.

Well done Accrington who I note have won it for the last 4 years. Perhaps team selection should be optimised to break that monopoly next year.

Thanks for all your efforts Dave, win or no win, it is always a great experience.

Bradford Millenium Way 9 years 9 months ago #69

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
You raise a valid point Darryl regarding team selection being optimized and it is something I have thought of and will continue to look at. We do have the personnel within the club that could have won the vets trophy on Sunday but it becomes a case of who do I put in the A team and who do I put in the vets team.
We could get strategic for the Leeds Country Way for example as they have competitions for fastest pairings male/ female and mixed as well as the vets/ladies/open etc but the likelihood is I would have to compromise elsewhere and even then this is always assuming the runners you want to run on certain legs with certain personnel are available.
I think what you say is possible but not easy, I certainly would not want to put added pressure on anyone given the logistics of learning the route and running with a partner. I could set teams up to specifically target things but then when key personnel pull out through injury I fear it might be a case of watch those dominoes tumble. I am really pleased we can get 4 teams in these competitions and given its only the last 2 years we have managed to get an exclusive ladies and an exclusive vets team I think we are making good progress. It would be great to win one of these events and I know we will certainly keep trying to do so but if 40 of our runners had a great day on Sunday and want to do more of this as well as encourage others then that for me is just as important. Right who is up for the Leeds Country Way? (See the other forum thread)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darryl Stead
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Bradford Millenium Way