Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: InHouse 2017/2018

InHouse 2017/2018 7 years 1 week ago #1

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
All,

This years competition is coming to a close. No one has expressed any interest in running it next year, I'm happy to continue

So some questions:

Do you want an inhouse competition?
Compared with this year what would you like to see done differently?
What do you want to keep from this years format?

I'll take feedback and incorporate where it is practical to do so.

Darryl.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

InHouse 2017/2018 7 years 1 week ago #2

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
Yes definitely, liked this years format good to have specified races to concentrate on and the wild card gives people a chance to introduce a few others. (I think its good for the club eg - Bradford 10k yesterday loads of Pacers there) Really enjoyed the Park Run element, I was wondering whether it would be worth considering having the In House Park Run as a separate In House competition, I know its another trophy/prize but it help maintain the interest if there are 2 prizes to aim for. Finally, its great that you are willing to continue Darryl, I am sure everyone appreciates the time and effort spent in maintaining and updating this. Well done and thank you once again.

InHouse 2017/2018 6 years 11 months ago #3

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
All,

The plan is to run the parkrun series separate to the in house series this year. I'm putting the list of races together for the InHouse. To try to make this as accessible as possible I've gone with races where there has historically been a high Pacers attendance and not bothered with any 'why not give it a try type events'. Let me know any you think should be added based on this type of approach and I'll try to promote a bit more in the wider membership......

APRIL
Guiseley Gallop

MAY
John Carr (fastest time any of the 3)
Leeds Half Marathon

JUNE
Rush around the Rhubarb
Otely 10
Apperley Bridge Canter
Wharfedale Half Marathon

JULY
Eccup 10
Danefield Relay
Leeds 10K

AUGUST

SEPTEMBER
Vale of York Half Marathon
Kirkstall Abbey 7

OCTOBER
Bridlington Half

NOVEMBER
Abbey Dash
Guy Fawkes 10

DECEMBER
Chevin Chase

JANUARY
Central Lancs Half
Temple Newsham 10

FEBRUARY
Dewbury 10K

MARCH
Bradford 10K

InHouse 2017/2018 6 years 10 months ago #4

hi Darryl
I have just joined the pacers so don,t know if this is the best way to contact you . I did the nostell priory park run but it showed me still as a bingley member , I have now altered my profile on the park run so it should not be a problem in the future.
many thanks
peter covey

InHouse 2017/2018 6 years 10 months ago #5

• Paul Mortimer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Darryl

Can I confirm you received my request on in house post on Facebook last week for a wildcard at North Lincolnshire half this coming Sunday.

Paul

InHouse 2017/2018 6 years 10 months ago #6

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
Hi Peter,

Welcome to the Pacers; good to have you in the club. I think you'll be able to challenge some of the regular front runners in this competition so it will be interesting to watch how the year unfolds. I'll include your parkrun result when I do the update.

Paul; Yes I saw the note re the wildcard on Facebook but good to add on here also. Your wildcard is noted and good luck for Sunday!

I need to get on the front foot with the competition and intend to get everything up to date this week. What I'll aim to do is a monthly update just outlining any key results and highlighting upcoming races which count - and of course updating the standings so everyone can see where they are.

Regards
Darryl.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum In House Comp InHouse 2017/2018