Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Huddersfield 10k Road Race Sunday 23 Feb 2014

Huddersfield 10k Road Race Sunday 23 Feb 2014 10 years 1 month ago #1

• James Clark
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
Hi

If anyone wants a paid place for the above race this Sunday, please drop a line here (an achilles problem is keeping me out).

I've already paid - so just pretend you are me on the day when you pick up my number.

It's otherwise reached capacity.
It's chip timed.
And oh, it's rock hard...

Jimbo

Further details on logisitics are below:

Huddersfield 10K Road Race – Sunday 23 February
Race starts at 11am prompt at Huddersfield Rugby Union Club, Lockwood Park.
To locate Lockwood Park from the Huddersfield Inner Ring Road, leave in south-westerly direction on A616 Lockwood Road (signed Sheffield/Holmfirth). At 3rd set of traffic lights get in left hand lane and proceed forwards on B6108 Netherton/Meltham Road for 200 yards. Before railway viaduct, see coloured flags and turn left through gate into Huddersfield RUFC. SatNav users can enter postcode HD1 3UP. Marshals will direct you to parking. To leave the complex, cars exit via the lower gate, past the start/finish area, along Brewery Drive, back to Lockwood Bridge. To get back to Hudds centre, turn left, then next right. For Sheffield/Holmfirth turn right. You may choose to park on side streets off Lockwood Road if an early exit is preferred, or you arrive late. Just walk along Brewery Drive from Lockwood Bridge.
Pre-chipped race numbers are to be collected in main building’s Waterloo Suite (upstairs) before 10.30am if possible. 6 desks are distributing numbers alphabetically by surname. Only paid entrants will have a number. Entries closed at our 650 limit on 6 February. We must point out that it is not possible to refund accepted entries, nor do we exchange or switch entrants, and we do not accept any late entrants on race day.
As a chipped race, be sure to pass over start and finish mats, otherwise you will “disappear”.
There are several changing rooms with showers, including 2 rooms dedicated to Ladies. There is also a free physiotherapy service available in the changing room area.
If nowhere else available, kit can be left at owner’s risk in Waterloo Suite, but this is not a changing room.
Warm refreshments are available, also from Waterloo Suite. We hope to have a results presentation before 1pm. There is a large bar area on the upper floor.
Prize vouchers are exchangeable at the Run Direct shop, on site, or by their mail order service. Prize winners not able to stay behind will receive voucher in post.
Prizes are for first 6 males, first 6 ladies, first in each vet category, first 3 male teams, first 3 ladies teams. Max of 1 individual prize per runner.
Huddersfield Road Runners AC is a very small club, affiliated to the Association of Running Clubs. All members are involved in organisation of this race and we try hard to put on an enjoyable day (apart from the hills) for the running community. Do listen to any marshals and we wish you success at your own level. Thank you sincerely for your support.
Race Committee - Huddersfield RRAC
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Woodhead
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Other Races Huddersfield 10k Road Race Sunday 23 Feb 2014