Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dublin Marathon Monday 26 October 2015

Dublin Marathon Monday 26 October 2015 9 years 2 months ago #1

• Sarah Turner
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 55
Missed out on a place in the Yorkshire Marathon then how about this one for an Autumn marathon.

This trip is a regular fixture in the Pacers running and social calendar! The marathon itself has had good feedback from those that have run it previously and there is a great atmosphere, encouraging for first-timers. It is also a great marathon route for spectators, as you are able to see the runners at a number of locations during the race. Usually the ratio of pacers support crew to pacers running is 2:1!

Check it out for yourself on www.dublinmarathon.ie

We sort out our own accomodation and flights. We normally travel out on the Saturday and back on the Tuesday. (Travel out on the Saturday is recommended as numbers need to be collected from the marathon expo on either the Saturday or the Sunday - so could be an issue if any delays with the Sunday flights.) The marathon takes place on the Monday, which is a bank holiday in Ireland.

We usually stay at Jury's Inn Christchurch, which is walking distance to start/finish of race and perfectly placed for our post marathon celebrations. Currently there is a good deal through travel republic (pay £1 now to reserve)

www.travelrepublic.co.uk

Others have stayed at Bewleys, which I also understand has a good rate at present.

Alternatively there are many other hotels/B & B's to suit all budgets, although we recommend booking early due to it being a bank holiday in Ireland as well as the marathon weekend in Dublin.

Flights - Ryan Air flights from Leeds Bradford. The return flight is not released for a few months yet as the weekend we go is the change over to the winter schedule. However the outbound flight is currently selling seats at £25.99 per person (a bargain). The inbound flights are generally a similar price when released.

Aer Lingus also now do flights from Leeds Bradford and their return flights are currently £83 per person but the return flight time is not as good (leaving Dublin first thing Tuesday morning).

All welcome to join us for the craic on this annual pilgrimage to Dublin (for the marathon and/or the Guinness!)

Please feel free to post any queries. :)
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Sarah Turner.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dublin Marathon Monday 26 October 2015 9 years 2 months ago #2

I have done the Dublin marathon, and it's a really great, friendly event. You have to go to their Expo the day before to pick up your bib, and loads of goodies. Lots of traders there, a bit like London, but smaller. The race was very enjoyable with lots of local support. I would do it again, but I'm doing the Yorkshire marathon. I would certainly recommend Dublin to others though. Elaine.

Dublin Marathon Monday 26 October 2015 8 years 9 months ago #3

• Sarah Turner
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 55
Just boosting this post from several months ago. I am informed by Darren Barham, who booked his flight yesterday that flight prices are still good, so anyone thinking of going should book now!
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Other Races Dublin Marathon Monday 26 October 2015