Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Run Wales events

Run Wales events 9 years 5 months ago #1

• Andrew Byrom
Off to do the Conwy half tomorrow with Andrew Smithurst. I'll have completed 3 of the 4 Run Wales half marathons after this, with just the Wrexham Half to finish the set in March. I'd highly recommend all these events to fellow Pacers, they are really well organised and great diverse routes. Nice bling and t-shirts too :cheer:

The Snowdonia half is billed as the toughest road half in the UK, and I would definitely agree with that! My favourite to date though is the North Wales half, which has 2 miles on the beach, a massive climb up the sychnant pass ending up on top of the mountain above Conwy before blasting down the other side.

Tomorrow's race runs along the road adjacent to the Conwy River as it proceeds towards Deganwy beach and the West Shore Llandudno, from there it goes along church Walks towards Llandudno Pier, then around the Great Orme taking in views of the Isle of Anglesey, Puffin Island and the surrounding North Wales coastline, then back to Conwy and the finish line.

It was voted in the top 5 most scenic Half Marathons in the UK by Readers of Runners World. So really looking forward to this one which will be my 18th half in three years. Safe to say this is my favourite distance to run.

Fortunately the weather is looking promising for a sunny and calm day so hoping to have a decent run.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Run Wales events 9 years 4 months ago #2

• Andrew Byrom
I will be running the following Run Wales events in 2015, if anyone wants to car share:

Rhyl 10 mile - 22nd February
Wrexham half marathon - 8th March
Chirk Castle half marathon - 12th July
North Wales half marathon - 26th July

Run Wales events 9 years 4 months ago #3

Hi Andrew
I have signed up for the Rhyl 10 mile and the Wrexham Half. My partner would like to come to the Rhyl event. Happy to car share depending on numbers. I don't mind using my car, can be discussed later.
Lets Run!

Run Wales events 9 years 4 months ago #4

• Andrew Byrom
Excellent.

Run Wales events 9 years 4 months ago #5

• Sarah Turner
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 55
John and I are going to do both Rhyl 10 mile and Wrexham half but will make our own way as combining with visit to family. Looking forward to both races.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Other Races Run Wales events