Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Trail Shoes

Trail Shoes 10 years 1 month ago #1

I realise that personal preference is a major consideration but I would appreciate any advice regarding trail shoes. I have been scouring the web looking at the many alternatives and can't seem to decide on what might be best. My road shoes are neutral Asics gel cumulus 15. Anyone have any suggestions based upon personal experience? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Lets Run!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Trail Shoes 10 years 4 weeks ago #2

• Neil Wallace
Hi William - I too run in Ascic road shoes and first pair of trail shoes I bought were trail equivalent...never again. Fell apart and quickly lost any cushioning (maybe my extra timber :blink: ), and at that time I didn't do severe fell or mudbath xc.

Many rave reviews of Mizuno Wave Harriers and I've owned (and abused) Inov8 Roclites; they're ace. Both bit pricey but will not go wrong.

If you want a cheaper start and might be doing more mud that track then I'd look no further than More Miles Cheviots... range of colours, Inov8 tread rip off and well cushioned - won't last as long despite name. 30 quid plus P&P though so happy days.

NtS

Trail Shoes 10 years 4 weeks ago #3

• Tim Ayres
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
Hi William
I agree with Neil re Inov8 Roclites. I have a pair of 315s which are comfy and grip well in mud and particularly snow. I am also running in some Adidas Resolve trail shoes. These are for the mixed trails around home and despite feeling different on my feet to the Inov8s, are turning out to be very good. I got them from the Adidas shop at the junction 32 retail park half price. There are quite a few other brand outlet shops for trainers there if you can get by without knowledgeable staff.
A suggestion; use 2/3 season decent walking socks an get shoes half a size bigger to fit. I don't get blisters and my feet stand a decent chance of drying out.
Best of luck.
TimA
The following user(s) said Thank You: William Overton

Trail Shoes 10 years 4 weeks ago #4

Thanks Neil
Your comments have been very helpful. I was about to go for Asics equivalent but I will now have a look at the Mizuno and Innov8.
Marry in haste, repent at leisure!
Lets Run!

Trail Shoes 10 years 4 weeks ago #5

Thanks for the advice Tim!
Lets Run!
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds