Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Some great sessions..............

Some great sessions.............. 9 years 7 months ago #13

• caroline clarke
Sorry you're leaving Jim. As a newbie to pp and a novice fell runner your support, friendliness and encouragement have been much appreciated. I hope your injury subsides and you get back out there. Did kentmere recently which was er fun and hoping to do sedbergh. . Thanks for your encouragement at pendle and hope to see you somewhere on the circuit.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Some great sessions.............. 9 years 7 months ago #14

• Steve Boom
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
As I'm sure you know Jim, I'd much prefer to thank you for your encouragement face-to-face but I'm down-under for a couple more weeks!

I have my own memories of the jw school of running:

you always knew when he was behind you! the breathing!
'have you got a shunt?' during leg 6 hill on CWR 2013
the outstanding performance when injured at the fell relay champs last year in wales

baildon are lucky to have you jim.

cheers, steve

Some great sessions.............. 9 years 7 months ago #15

• Nigel Armitage
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Completely understand your decision Jim, but a big loss to our club all the same! What has always stood out for me is your total commitment in races - your photo gallery shows that! - and willingness to put yourself forward when the club has needed you most. Perhaps most recently exemplified at last year's Fell Relay Championships when the team was one short at the last minute and your participation depended on a late fitness test (jogging gingerly round the rain-lashed quarry?!). Well, you not only passed that fitness test but went on to produce a storming, top quality run! Not sure when Pudsey Pacers last had a runner with a top 10 finish in the English Fell Running Championships but your superb performances in the Buckden, Fairfield, Edale Skyline and Turner Landscape races last year gave you 8th place in age category - again, a huge credit to you and an inspiration for those of us who always feel we could 'do more' on the fells!

And no Jim I've not forgotten your 2 - 0 lead over me in the 3 Peaks Race! Never to forget in the 2007 race you coming past me off Ingleborough and, under the bellowing instructions from Richard Pattinson, your yellow vest sailing off into the far distance...

Baildon is lucky to have you, but club running is a small community really, so see you soon!
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Nigel Armitage.

Some great sessions.............. 9 years 7 months ago #16

• Jim Wheldon
Thanks to you all for taking the time and trouble to respond to my parting shot.
I'm touched, but you knew that anyway.
I have started 'running' again, up to 15 mins (about a mile!) but feel like an old man - no comment on that one please ! I'm hopeful, but not particularly confident for my running future. We'll see.
Target is Spen Vets. Cheers all.

Some great sessions.............. 9 years 7 months ago #17

• Jim Wheldon
PS: I'll be spectating at Bingley next Tues so I'll give those running a shout.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Miscellaneous Some great sessions..............