Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tour of Pendle - Sat 23rd Nov

Tour of Pendle - Sat 23rd Nov 10 years 7 months ago #7

• Steve Boom
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Below is the description from Clayton-le-Moors Harriers website - pretty much spot-on.

‘The Tour’ is the classic late season ‘A’ long race that follows a figure-of-8 course around the remoter reaches of Pendle Hill. After a first visit to the trig, there’s a long fast descent of the length of Pendle to the ‘Nick’ and then Churn Clough. A steep climb up Spence Moor is followed by the notorious ‘Geronimo’ descent into Ogden Valley. After regaining the plateau and retracing your footsteps towards the ‘Nick’, you are faced with three major climbs, each one steeper and longer than the last, before a second pass of the Trig and a long run off back to Barley
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tour of Pendle - Sat 23rd Nov 10 years 7 months ago #8

• Neil Wallace
Oh! It was THAT race... remember you telling the tale post-Wharfedale. Perhaps more consideration will be needed...

NtS

Tour of Pendle - Sat 23rd Nov 10 years 7 months ago #9

• Neil Wallace
Based on comments (ta James, Steve & Jim W.), my entry may be largely dependent on what commensurate hill training can be achieved between now and late Oct... anyone staying over/ recommend any nearby camp sites?

NtS
Last Edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Neil Wallace.

Tour of Pendle - Sat 23rd Nov 10 years 7 months ago #10

• Luke McQuade
Any shoe recommendations for this one too?

Tour of Pendle - Sat 23rd Nov 10 years 7 months ago #11

• Neil Wallace
I'm certain it'll be most aggressive (grrr) fell shoes as by then it'll be wet, cold and generally unforgiving - see James' comments. Others will likely confirm/ reject.

NtS

Tour of Pendle - Sat 23rd Nov 10 years 7 months ago #12

• Jim Wheldon
Yes, as NtS suggests, Mudrocs or similar, but make sure they are comfortable to be wearing for the time an AL race is going to take. Coming down 'Geronimo' on the 'Half Tour' a few years ago, shoe choice was irrelevant - I was on my backside. Barley is a fantastic base.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Fell & Trail Races Tour of Pendle - Sat 23rd Nov