Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Burnsall Fell This Sat 24th

Burnsall Fell This Sat 24th 10 years 7 months ago #1

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
All,

One of the nominated series of Fell Races and counter for the in-house this Saturday. Every runner should have this race on their palmares before they hang their fell shoes up.

For anyone who prefers the certainty of tarmac under their feet there's also a 10 mile race. Lots of flat races on the village green for kiddies and of course Junior fell races. A great afternoon out.

Darryl.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Burnsall Fell This Sat 24th 10 years 7 months ago #2

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
A small but select group of Pacers made the trip to Burnsall. Nigel opting for the 10 mile race and securing 7th and 2nd VET 40 (I picked up your prize will pass it on). Also opting for the hilly tarmac route were Don Stead first VET70 and Melissa Stead.

A cadre of 3 fell runners did the classic AS race. Despite the dry summer, a day of rain had left it wet and boggy on the lower slopes. Gary Bailey casually ran to an impressive top 20 finish and a time I can only dream of, Well done! For a time I was looking at some silverware with a 2nd place listing in the ladies race. Honesty got the better of me and I brought it to the organisers attention and rightly moved to 60odd in the men's race. Sharon Hague rounded off the contingent with her first crack at the race finishing strongly.

Another great year of racing for all.

Darryl
Last Edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Darryl Stead.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Fell & Trail Races Burnsall Fell This Sat 24th