Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Yorkshire 3 Peaks Race 2017

Yorkshire 3 Peaks Race 2017 7 years 5 months ago #1

• Martin Bullock
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi all
As some of you already know I've been involved with the 3 peaks race for the last 4 years setting up the start finish area amongst other things. This year (2017) I have been asked to take on the role of chief marshall (not sure how that happened but I'm sure Mr A Walker had something to do with it) and I will need lots of help!
Its still a good 5 months off (29th April) but just putting it out there to see how many of you good folk would be willing to put your name forward to marshal. I'm not looking for 100% commitment (just yet), just an indication of interest.
A race of this this size, pedigree and history takes some organising and my role will be a small part that fits together with everything else to make the day a success. I have taken this role on from the previous person who has passed his knowledge and experience on, but must confess its a tall order.
For this race to go ahead 120 official marshals (many of whom have done this for many years) + many more unofficial helpers need to be on board.
As said no need to commit 100% but a simple Y/N reply but much appreciated.
Regards
Martin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Yorkshire 3 Peaks Race 2017 7 years 4 months ago #2

• Martin Bullock
  • Senior Boarder
Copied from Facebook (for those that aren't on FB) An excellent response!

Wow, what a result! Much appreciated for everybody's comments and offers of help. For those intending to run it looks as though you will have some pacer support!
Just thought I'd bump this post to the top again and say thanks. All names noted and will be in touch later on/new year. As a side note anybody wanting to camp for the weekend, a deal could well be on the table, normally £10/night but those that Marshall/help out on the day this could well be £0 (no guarantees) but what ever the saving will def go towards a few beers!
Cheers all
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Martin Bullock.

Yorkshire 3 Peaks Race 2017 7 years 4 months ago #3

• Tim Ayres
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
Hi Martin
We were speaking to a guy called Alex last night who is very interested in marshalling at next year's Three Peaks. He is going to text me his phone number and I will pass it on to you.
I may be able to marshal as well but next April is going to be a bit of a fluid time for us so I'll only know well into the New Year.
TimA

Yorkshire 3 Peaks Race 2017 7 years 4 months ago #4

• Martin Bullock
  • Senior Boarder
That's great Tim, many thanks.

Yorkshire 3 Peaks Race 2017 7 years 4 months ago #5

• Tim Ayres
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
Hi Martin. Alex's number is 0772 5886409.
TimA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Bullock

Yorkshire 3 Peaks Race 2017 7 years 1 month ago #6

• Martin Bullock
  • Senior Boarder
Copied from FB for those that aren't on it:

Just a shout out to all those people that kindly showed interest in marshalling at this years Yorkshire Three Peaks race on Sat 29th April. The time has come for me to ask for a definite yes or no, I would rather people say no rather than a maybe (sorry if that sounds harsh)
Just to jog peoples memories the following people said they would be interested. If you could reply with a yes or a no and details of any areas that you would prefer NOT to be positioned that would be a big help. Once people have responded i will liaise direct so as not to clog the PP page up.
For those people who don't know the route/area, full details will be given of exactly where and how to get to get to the marshal point. Every checkpoint has checkpoint leaders with a team of marshals so there will be plenty of support.

Fay Walker
David Cooper
Anna Keys
Nic Anness
John Marshall
Gemma Benson
Helen Leech
Vicky Cook
William Overton (assuming your not entering at the last minute)
Michelle Dare
Rebecca Dickinson
Mark Dixson
David Brooks
Idle Tony
Els Allan
Suzy Bee
Liz Hargrave
Mandy Bannister
Pam Birchenall
Lucy Adamson
Stephen Pattison
Caroline Clarke
David Owen

Anybody that is running please feel free to add partners/family members names

Cheers
Martin
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Fell & Trail Races Yorkshire 3 Peaks Race 2017