Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gathering Winter Fools - Sat 17th Dec 2016

Gathering Winter Fools - Sat 17th Dec 2016 7 years 6 months ago #1

• Neil Wallace
This is a race, but it's not a race...

What - fun, self-navigating relay race around the Aire Valley that starts/ finishes in Keighley at the University Academy (UAK).
More specifically, what - 4x legs that are approx 7-9 miles distance and run in pairs, similar to LCW and BMW. Each leg starts/ ends at a low level pub... toilets, cofee, tea, butties to purchase etc. Each team is required to bring their own festive baton....
Who - all abilities whom are comfortable with off road and 'lumpy' terrain and - IMPORTANTLY - are prepared to run with full Fellrunning Association (FRA) mandatory kit. And maybe antlers. All runners and reindeers must be prepared to laugh if a partner does a burton or stumbles towards the canal.
When - date confirmed Sat 17th December
What else - the route and legs are not flagged or marshaled, the weather could be wintry and changing/ shower facilities plus refreshments will also be offered at the start/ finish.

This isn't really a relay. This informal event was established to plug the gap formerly occupied by the Calderdale Way Relay (shifted to a new spring slot). The host club does not apply for a license - they officially don't host anything. Each runner enters at their own risk etc. By chance however your time will be recorded by 'running type people' who just happen to be stood at convenient places (near low level pubs) with a clipboard, pen and stopwatch around the route.

Entry Fees
This will be a self-funded event. Club funds may be sought to subsidise but it'll likely be more hassle. Cost will likely be £5 per runner/ £40 per team of 4 pairs.

Reccies
In previous years we've managed to form 2x teams (Prancers and Vixens...) so plenty of folk with 'some' knowledge of certain legs. Once teams are selected (hopefully by Oct end) then I'll nominate a 'leg captain' to arrange a reccie during November.

Names
Please post a reply here if you're interested and would like to be considered (kindly state if you remember which leg you have previously done).

Any other questions? See me (if you're lucky) at club training or post here. You'll not find any info on the host club website... because they're not hosting anything.

NtS
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Neil Wallace.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Gathering Winter Fools - Dec 2016 7 years 6 months ago #2

• caroline clarke
Hi Neil

Count me in please. Did the leg a few years ago that takes in East Morton to Bingley I think.

Gathering Winter Fools - Dec 2016 7 years 6 months ago #3

• Martin Bullock
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Could I be considered for this please. Obviously not done it before.
Ta
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Martin Bullock.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neil Wallace

Gathering Winter Fools - Dec 2016 7 years 6 months ago #4

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
I would like to express interest in this Neil, however I can only do if on Sat 10th. If it turns out to be 3rd I wont be able to do it. No experience of previous races.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neil Wallace

Gathering Winter Fools - Dec 2016 7 years 6 months ago #5

• John Marshall
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Neil, just to remind you that funding for certain specific relays was agreed in advance by members at the last AGM and is detailed in the minutes which are available on the website in the members area. Unfortunately this particular relay has not got funding so it will be self funded by the runners.

Gathering Winter Fools - Dec 2016 7 years 6 months ago #6

• Neil Wallace
Why bother volunteering, huh? Great to have the support of the committee.
*blows raspberry
This will be a self-funded event. Club funds may be sought to subsidise but it'll likely be more hassle. Cost will likely be £5 per runner/ £40 per team of 4 pairs.

NtS
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Neil Wallace.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Fell & Trail Races Gathering Winter Fools - Sat 17th Dec 2016