Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FRA relays 2015

Update: British Fell And Hill Relay Champs 8 years 7 months ago #7

• Graeme Tiffany
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Update: British Fell And Hill Relay Champs - Saturday 17th October 2015

Apologies to all who have been awaiting further details of this event, but Clayton-le-Moors Harriers were delayed in making more information available and opening entries, and I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks.

The club had provisionally agreed to fund the entry fees for two teams (6 in a team). The view was a third team would be entered and the cost of this borne by the full 18 participants i.e. around a fiver a head. Now we know that team categories differ from last year; women must enter as an all-female team. So the immediate question is: can Pudsey Pacers identify six women (and ideally a reserve) who wish to participate?

A further complicating factor is that I have been asked to speak at an important conference the very same weekend and will likely have to give this priority. Ideally for me someone will volunteer to take over my role, and I’ll try to participate if things change. Certainly I can submit entries but in my absence someone will be needed to undertake the general logistical harrying nearer the date: sorting out whose travelling with whom, cars, kit etc.).

The event will take place at Pendle Hill, Lancashire. It’s around a 90 minute drive from Pudsey so lends itself to a day-trip, which may be more appropriate than seeking accommodation (as in previous years).

Entries close on Sunday the 6th of September so please reply to this forum post asap. with a commitment to participate and thoughts on the women’s team. And volunteer to help if you can.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Update: British Fell And Hill Relay Champs 8 years 7 months ago #8

• Leigh Hinchliffe
Hi tiff, put me down for the team. I will also have my car so happy to take anyone over for the day.

Update: British Fell And Hill Relay Champs 8 years 7 months ago #9

• michael dixon
Hi, put me down for a run as well please

Cheers

Michael Dixon

Update: British Fell And Hill Relay Champs 8 years 7 months ago #10

• caroline clarke
Thanks for the info on this. Fellow women fell runners - do we have enough for a team? I'm happy to participate. Graeme, what's your view on qualifying races as I know Anna's keen.

FRA relays 2015 8 years 7 months ago #11

• Anna Keys
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Well, I'm not THAT keen, I just know we are short of women for this event and I believe I can do ok in this sort of competition but I only did a few fell races B/C category..so whatever happens I'm happy either - stay aside or take part ;)

Update: British Fell And Hill Relay Champs 8 years 7 months ago #12

• Jenny Cooper
Hi Tiff

I'm happy to take part as I believe is Sharon, but I think we are going to struggle for a fully qualified women's team with a few people out injured and a lack of women in the club who have done the right type of races.

We have booked accommodation in pendle for two nights but can cancel it if we aren't entering any teams.

A very unhappy bunny.
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds