• Steve Boom
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi Graeme

Thanks for sorting this.

Steve Boom
07745 947697
31/7/68

Happy on any leg. Not sure of movements yet as shaz on about campervan'ing night before.

Food wise, vegan'ish (vegetarian minus eggs!).

Cheers, Steve
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FRA relays 2015 8 years 5 months ago #50

• Graeme Tiffany
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Confirmed team (details now submitted):

Pudsey Pacers Mens Open. Team No: 116

Leg 1 - Solo: Robert Samuels
Leg 2 - Pair A: Leigh Hinchcliffe; Leg 2 - Pair B: Jon Greenwood
Leg 3 - Pair A: Steve Boom; Leg 3 - Pair B: Michael Dixon
Leg 4 - Solo: Neil Wallace

As you know, I am unable to be with you this year. Please can someone volunteer to coordinate transport and other, on the day, logistics - picking up the club tent etc.

Note particularly the references to parking instructions on the Clayton-le Moors relay website page as there is limited space. Further information (e.g. rules and kit: www.claytonlemoors.org.uk/open-races/bri...y-information-rules/).

Rule 3: Use appropriate kit for the course and conditions.

‘Best Practice Kit’ comprises:-

Waterproof whole body cover, hat, gloves, map of the route, compass, whistle,emergency food.

Your waterproof whole body cover must have taped seams and an attached hood. The Race
Organiser may check your kit before you are allowed to register, or at any time during the race. If
the kit list can be relaxed it will be, but don’t risk being turned away from the event. Runners often
question whether this level of kit is necessary – the kit is not needed when you are running
strongly, but for a runner stopped because of injury or tiredness it could be a life-saver, either for
you or for someone else in difficulties.

Synopsis here:

27th Annual British Fell & Hill Running Championships
Saturday 17th October 2015, Pendle Hill – Barley Village Lancashire
Hosted by Clayton-le-Moors Harriers

Thank you for entering this year’s relays, please read these final instructions carefully:

Registration will be open at Barley Village Hall on the race morning from 07:00 until 09:30

In your registration packs you will receive:

•Maps for legs 1,2 & 4
•4 dibbers that are to be used specifically for each of the legs – please do not get them mixed up
•Dibber instruction sheet – please read carefully
•A set of 6 numbers, colour coded and labelled for each leg (with safety pins)
•6 meal tickets (ncl. 2 veggie)

Start:

The race will start at 10:30. The start for leg 1 is a 10 minute walk from the event field and your first runners will be guided to a holding area at the start line for a compulsory kit check. This area will be open from 10:00.

Subsequent legs will start from the event field and there will be a similar starting pen. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOUR NEXT LEG RUNNERS ARE IN THE PEN BEFORE YOUR PREVIOUS RUNNERS ARRIVE BACK. All runners will be kit checked so make sure you arrive in time for this or your changeover will be delayed. The commentator will call as many teams as possible as they visit the last dibber station but do not rely on this.

Navigation Leg:

Runners will pick up a map 800 meters from the start.

Mass Starts:

These will be announced on the day. There will be no time outs and all runners will run.

Prize giving:

This will commence at 16:00

Catering:

All runner meal tickets are redeemable at “The Cabin” – adjacent to the main village car park, they will also have food available for purchase. Other refreshments – Tea, Coffee cakes etc. are also available to buy at the Village Hall. There are also two pubs in the village.
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Graeme Tiffany.

FRA relays 2015 8 years 5 months ago #51

• Leigh Hinchliffe
Hi tiff, I will be able to pick up the tent and transport it there. Got plenty of room in my car for up to 3 more people and their kit. Also been to Pendle before so happy to lead the way there. I can also sort registration out if needed.

Can you let me know who's currently got the tent? Cheers.

Who needs a lift? We only need 2 drivers I reckon.

FRA relays 2015 8 years 5 months ago #52

• Neil Wallace
Leigh - I'd appreciate a lift if ok. Presume the tent, if needed, is still at Farmac - just ask at customer counter; Simon may be around.

Tarra, N

FRA relays 2015 8 years 5 months ago #53

• Leigh Hinchliffe
Yep that's fine Neil.

FRA relays 2015 8 years 5 months ago #54

• michael dixon
Hi, I don't mind driving. Should be at club on Thursday if need to discus things

Cheers

Michael
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds