Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Washburn Team Relay

Washburn Team Relay 8 years 9 months ago #1

• Neil Wallace
Fri 17th July at 7pm
3x person relay
(we may be limited to a certain number of teams...)

Otley AC host the event and have provided the following details

The Senior event will be split into three legs averaging 3.8 miles/6.1km over permissive footpaths, bridleways and a small amount of road in the scenic Washburn Valley around Blubberhouses, Timble, Swinsty and Fewston Reservoirs. The race is only marshalled were the course joins public roads and although there will be some marking of the course it is advisable to “recce” the course beforehand - we never have and no-one (not even certain women Pacers) has got lost!

There is a £7.50 fee per team, payable on the evening, for each of the races. There will be trophies for the first Senior all male team, the first Senior all female team, the first Senior mixed team and the first Junior team. The presentation will take place immediately after the event.

Due to constraints on parking space we have to impose a limit of 60 teams in the senior event and 20 teams in the junior event. These are available on a first come basis.

PLEASE NOTE : IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU SHARE CARS DUE TO THE LIMITED CAR PARKING AVAILABLE – OTHERWISE THE VIABILITY OF THE EVENTS WILL BE JEOPARDISED.

I'm hoping to submit the required advance entries no later than Fri 3rd July. Payment of 2.50 per runner on the night. If you say you're available and then withdraw, you may be asked for the fee.

This is another great event, particularly good for less experienced runners who want to try a trail race, while being supported by other Pacers. I'll try again to secure three vital items for the race : (1) A cool box (2) Ice (3) Beer

Interested Pacers...?

NtS
Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Neil Wallace.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Washburn Team Relay 8 years 8 months ago #2

• Neil Wallace
Little interest so far - any takers?

NtS

Washburn Team Relay 8 years 8 months ago #3

• David Woodhead
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi Neil,
me and my dad will be there for this one. It's a great relay (provided you bring insect repellent).
Doesn't need a reccie, its just a lap of the reservoir.
Sure there will be enough Pacers to put a few teams together on the night.
See you there. Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neil Wallace

Washburn Team Relay 8 years 8 months ago #4

• Neil Wallace
Ta, noted Woodhead & Woodhead - there's also a few names (not many) on Facebook. Just to clarify, I need to advance enter teams then register/ pay on the night. Looking like 3-4 teams at the moment.

NtS

Washburn Team Relay 8 years 8 months ago #5

I'm in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neil Wallace

Washburn Team Relay 8 years 8 months ago #6

• Neil Wallace
I think between various platforms there are 9 names interested - based on this I'll enter 3x teams tomorrow (Thurs, 9/7) evening.

Any last minute interest?

NtS
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Fell & Trail Races Washburn Team Relay