Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rombalds Stride - Sat 7th Feb 2015

Rombalds Stride - Sat 7th Feb 2015 9 years 5 months ago #1

• Neil Wallace
Excellent LWDA event that you can run, walk or walk/run... 23miles across moor, footpaths with ace views of the Lower Aire and Wharfe valleys. Start/ finish in Guiseley. Most checkpoints are manned with lovely folk serving tea, cake and jelly babies. The route isn't too technical, and is reasonably easy to navigate - reccies are recommended, though. If you fancy having a go at something wild and long (oooeeerrr, missus) then this is an ideal starter - alternative spring marathon training perhaps?

12 quid includes entry, en route refreshments, hot meal at finish and memento, plus certificate.

I've entered and will be happy to lead 'bite-size' reccie/ training runs during December/ January.

Who's interested...?

www.ldwa.org.uk/challenge_events/show_event.php?event_id=13867

NtS
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rombalds Stride - Sat 7th Feb 2015 9 years 5 months ago #2

• Tim Ayres
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
Hopefully going for my fourth on the trot with this one
TimA

Rombalds Stride - Sat 7th Feb 2015 9 years 5 months ago #3

• caroline clarke
I'm planning on doing it

Rombalds Stride - Sat 7th Feb 2015 9 years 3 months ago #4

• Neil Wallace
7 weeks til the 7th! Just a heads up for those Rombalders (or others)... I'm planning on a few training/ reccie runs during late Dec/ mid-Jan if interested:

Monday 29th Dec
Saturday 10th Jan
Saturday 17th Jan

Likely use car and train to split into two sections: Guiseley to Ilkley (approx 13 miles then train back) & Ilkley to Guiseley (approx 10miles after train out).

Will mostly be a steady shuffle or bimble.

NtS

Rombalds Stride - Sat 7th Feb 2015 9 years 3 months ago #5

Hi Neil intrested in giving the 17th a go White Wells to Guisley as my navigation goes a bit fuzzy on this bit when it gets strung out, would also like to see if going up the Chevin is as bad with less miles in my legs (can't be worse surely).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neil Wallace

Rombalds Stride - Sat 7th Feb 2015 9 years 2 months ago #6

• Neil Wallace
UPDATE

10th or 11th Jan: subject to best weather day likely going to do approx 13miles from Guiseley-Ilkley (then train back to G, possibly after a pint). Meet time tbc

17th Jan: 9-10miles Ilkley-Guiseley, including the Chevin climb (after train from G before run). Meet time tbc

NtS
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Fell & Trail Races Rombalds Stride - Sat 7th Feb 2015