Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Burnsall 23rd Aug (Fell and Road)

Burnsall 23rd Aug (Fell and Road) 9 years 7 months ago #7

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
Quite a Pacers turnout at Burnsall. 10 running in the 10 miler, PBs from Neil Wallace and Melissa Stead on a hilly course - more to come from those two at flatter races. Gary first Pacer home in under the hour and a good sign for the injury. Mens team of Gary, Rob and Gareth taking 2nd in the Mens team comp. Karen second in her Age cat, Don Stead getting another age cat win to add to his many. Ladies team taking 4th with Karen, Sharon and Melissa.

Fell race saw 3 of us, Myself Mark and Steve, tackling the short but steep race which is simple in format. Run up to the cairn then straight back down as fast as you can. Gravity is the enemy on the way up fighting against it to haul your body to the top. You expect to get payback on the decent but gravity becomes the enemy once more trying to pull your body forwards and down the fell faster than your legs can keep up so you fight gravity once more to stay vaguely in control of the decent. We managed 7th in the team standings out of 9 counters, nice to get a place on the board on such an iconic race.

Well done all that ran.

As a footnote and before anyone else jumps in I should confess Burnsall 2014 was the scene of my 2nd DNF in my athletic career. There's no hiding it, my children witnessed it so they wont let me forget and it will be another one of those 'remember that race you didn't finish Dad' conversations which crop up now and again. Wheel Barrow race, too fast a pusher I was too slow a barrower with my arms; Collapse on shoulder, pusher falling on top to compound the problem and a few moments wondering if it was dislocated shoulder or a collar bone job. All ok though once I'd had a moment to come round but the indignity of a DNF in front of the watching crowd including my children (who I was probably trying to impress) will now be part of the family folklore when it comes to Burnsall.
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Darryl Stead.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Burnsall 23rd Aug (Fell and Road) 9 years 7 months ago #8

• Joy Good
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 68
OK to put in the newsletter Darryl and have you any photos?
Ta, Joy

Burnsall 23rd Aug (Fell and Road) 9 years 7 months ago #9

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
of course Joy.

I'll send some photos on, I think Melissa took a few good ones. There are plenty on woodentops. Copies can be taken if you're the subject of the photo so assuming people take copies and send to you then can go into the newsletter.

Darryl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy Good
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Fell & Trail Races Burnsall 23rd Aug (Fell and Road)