Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: InHouse 2014/2015

InHouse 2014/2015 9 years 11 months ago #1

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
All,

No one has (at the time of writing) expressed interest in taking this on so I'll be running it for another year. I am going to keep it as is except:-

- Parkruns will not count :ohmy: (They can still bewild-carded and any in the leeds race series will count). This is to make the volume of races which need to be processed more manageable - and they are not races strickly speaking.

-I will add age categories so hopefully it will inspire a bit of competition between people in the same category.

Any other suggestes welcome. I'd like to mix it up and see some new names appearing in the top places but I can't think of an easy way unless I go down the handicapp route - anyone want a handicapp based in house next year?

Cheers
Darryl.
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Darryl Stead.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

InHouse 2014/2015 9 years 11 months ago #2

Thanks for this. I as a new member don't understand what is required. Can someone please explain. What do I need to do to participate? What for instance is a wildcard? I apologise in advance for my ignorance but any info would be appreciated!

William
Lets Run!

InHouse 2014/2015 9 years 11 months ago #3

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
Hi William,

See

www.pudseypacers.com/ourclub/in-house-championships/overview

For a bit if an overview of the in house. A wildcard is someone asking for a certain race to be included in the competition. (1 per person per quarter unless it gets unmanageable).

You will be included automatically. If you have recently joined you may not be appearing in results for races which are included because I haven't got membership details for you yet but given how close we are tithe end if the year (it runs April to match) then it probably isn't a big deal. I'll make sure all current members are in for the start of the next year comp - which starts on the 5th April.

Regards
Darryl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy Good, William Overton

InHouse 2014/2015 9 years 11 months ago #4

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
All,

On reflection and having now done the final tables, if I take park runs out completely we'll loose the 5K races. My motiviation for this was to get the number of races to a more manageable number. There were 40 5K's in this last year which is nearly 1/3rd of all races.

So what I plan to do is keep parkruns in but only if 10 or more pacers run. This should reduce the number which count but still keep some in so 5K's dont srop out of the comp.

Also, I am going to drop the threshold for fell races to 5 or more runners needed to count.This is in a bid to get more of them counting (and I like fell running best so call me biased if you like)

All other races it is 7 or more
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy Good, Melissa Stead

InHouse 2014/2015 9 years 11 months ago #5

• Mark Smith
Hi Darryl

I don't think parkruns should count at all, they are not races.

Instead of making a different rule for fell races, why not just include any race in which you take part ???

:)

Thanks for all your efforts

Mark

InHouse 2014/2015 9 years 11 months ago #6

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
Very good post Mark!

I feel a poll coming in re the 5k

Maybe I should include any race I do but sadly it won't be that many. I described myself recently as a non-competitive runner and ex cyclist. It's a sad state of affairs.

Maybe we base it on only the races which 'Mark Smith does' - which is just about every race going
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Darryl Stead.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum In House Comp Archive InHouse 2014/2015